The Ultimate Dos and Don’ts of Freezing Kratom!forge marketing
Are you searching for ways to preserve Kratom? There are many methods to safeguard the kratom plant and its parts. But most of them may not be as useful as they will likely alter the state of the kratom making them unsuitable for use.
Here we will take a look at preserving methods known as kratom freezing. Freezing Kratom is the most reliable way to preserve its values and characteristics. Keeping them suitable for use after a prolonged time. Let’s take a look at how freezing can extend the shelf life of your Kratom. Further, what are the ultimate dos and don’ts to keep in mind before you move forward?
The life of Kratom depends on the type and source of your kratom as there are various types of Kratom with different characteristics and properties.
Some of the high-quality strains from Indonesia may last 4-6 months and some about 8-12 weeks. Unfortunately, there is limited research on the shelf life of different kratom leaves.
Generally speaking, a kratom’s shelf life is about 3 months, and in the freezer, the kratom can last up to 8 months to a year.
You may be wondering, does freezing kratom work? Let’s take a look at it.
The freezing prolongs the shelf life of not just Kratom but any other plant, vegetable, and fruit. That’s the reason we keep all our groceries in the refrigerator.
The science behind how freezing increases shelf life is simple- freezing any plant or its parts will ice the water content present in the plant leaving it unavailable for microorganisms responsible for the decomposition of the plant. Additionally, the enzymes present in the plant stop working, as enzymes require a specific temperature to catalyze the biochemical reactions.
But here is a catch, freezing does prolong life and preserves nutrient values. But, there are some limitations to the freezing method of Kratom as well. Some microorganisms can survive in low temperatures that’ll degrade their value, and freezing can disrupt the cell membrane of plant cells. Due to this many Kratom users who tried freezing their kratom complained about the altered experience after use.
To minimize these changes, there are certain precautions that you might need to take before you get started with freezing your kratom.
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to freeze kratom.
Yes, you read it right, the first step is to heat your Kratom leaves or powder. A microwave oven is best for this purpose. This step is important because it will kill all the organisms present in the Kratom. The optimum temperature should be 100-150 0C
Once you have heated your Kratom. Transfer the Kratom powder or leaves into an airtight container and let it cool to room temperature. This could be a resealable plastic bag, glass jar, or any other container that can be tightly sealed. Please don’t put your Kratom in freeze yet!
Once your kratom is cooled to room temperature. Put the sealed container in the freezer and allow it to stay there for several hours or overnight. Users use different freeze methods for kratom. Some newbie users get confused about how long to freeze Kratom. The duration depends on your preference. Some like to freeze it for 24 hours, while others may opt for longer durations
After your freezing period is over, remove the container from the freezer and let it thaw at room temperature. Once thawed, you can use the Kratom as desired.
If you want to freeze and preserve your kratom for later use, then here are some essential tips to keep in mind:
Make sure you are using airtight containers, jars, plastic bags, etc. Don’t let moist air enter the jar. It can spoil the quality of your Kratom.
If you prefer to freeze smaller portions of Kratom, divide it into individual servings before freezing. This way, you can thaw and use only the amount you need.
It’s a good practice to label the containers with the strain, date of freezing, and any other information. This helps you keep track of the different batches and their freshness.
Experimentation with freezing times can be useful to determine what works best for you. Some individuals freeze Kratom for a few hours, while others do it for months. Keep in mind that freezing for extended periods may cause changes in texture and experience.
Repeated fluctuations in temperature can affect the quality of Kratom. Look out that your freezer maintains a consistent temperature. Thawing and refreezing cycles can degrade the value of your Kratom. Also, make sure that your Kratom is kept in a dark place during the freezing process.
Freezing cannot improve the low-quality Kratom into a better one. It’s important to start with high-quality Kratom to maximize potential benefits. Look for reputable vendors who provide fresh Kratom leaves or powder.
Everyone’s experience with freezing Kratom may vary because there are several types of Kratom sources with different types, textures, and characteristics. Because of this two individuals may get different results. Keep notes about the results of different freezing durations and techniques to refine your process with time.
Now, let’s look into some of the dos or things that you should do while freezing Kratom.
- Use proper containers – Always use clean, dry, and moisture-free containers for freezing your Kratom, doesn’t matter in what form or type it is
- Divide your Kratom – Dividing your Kratom into different batches or portions will save it from repeated thawing and freezing which leads to degradation in quality.
- Maintain a consistent temperature – Don’t allow heat or sunlight to enter the freezer. Repeated thawing and freezing can compromise the quality of your Kratom.
- Label the containers – With labels, you can easily track the duration of your Kratom for future reference. Your label can also include other information like the type, form, quantity, and more.
- Experiment with freezing times – Since you have labeled your Kratom before freezing. You can experiment with freezing durations. From this, you can come up with a freezing time that best suits you.
When it comes to freezing Kratom, there are a few important “don’ts” to keep in mind:
- Don’t freeze wet Kratom – Moisture can lead to mold or bacterial growth. For this, you can heat the kratom in the oven before keeping it in the freezer. And ensure that the Kratom is completely dry before you store kratom in the freezer.
- Avoid Repeated Opening and Closing – When you repeatedly open your freezer, some heat and sunlight can seep into the freezer which promotes bacterial and fungal growth. Try to open your freezer only when you decide to use it.
- Don’t freeze Kratom for long periods – A long period is anything more than a year. While you can do it, only do it for the sake of the experiment. Just like any other food, freezing Kratom powder or leaves for excessively longer periods can change texture, appearance, and experience after use. Try to maintain a freezing duration of not more than 8 months.
- Don’t rely solely on freezing to enhance low-quality Kratom – Freezing Kratom is not a guaranteed method to enhance the quality of low-grade or poor-quality Kratom. Freezing may have a limited impact on the overall quality and potency of Kratom. It’s best to start with high-quality Kratom. You can either buy them from a trusted vendor or online like Club 13 Herbals.
That was all about freezing kratom and elaborated dos and don’ts while you decide to freeze your Kratom leaves for later use. Hope it was useful for you!! Always remember to source your Kratom from trusted and high-quality vendors or online stores. Freezing can not magically turn low-quality Kratom into something premium. And good quality kratom has a shelf life of up to 3-4 months and a freezer life of more than a year.